Rights and responsibilities
Based on the principle of patient-centered medical care, Inanami Spine and Joint Hospital establishes patient rights and responsibilities in order to respect their rights to receive medical care, build a relationship of trust with patients, and provide safe, high-quality medical care.
- Everyone has the right to receive safe, high-quality medical care equally, regardless of nationality, gender, religion, social status, type of illness, and so on.
- You have the right to have your individuality respected and receive medical care with dignity in any situation based on mutual cooperation with health care providers.
- You have the right to receive explanations on illnesses, laboratory testing, treatment, outlook, and so on with easily understandable terms and methods.
- You have the right to choose treatment options and so on of your own free will after receiving explanations.
- You have the right to see and hear opinions of doctors about your illness in other facilities (second opinions).
- You have the right to request your medical records.
- You have the right to receive assurances that your confidential information provided during your care process will be protected, and that your private life in the hospital will be exposed to or disturbed by others as little as possible.
- With regard to treatments under study, you have the right to decide whether or not to receive them after being informed about the purposes and risks, and to refuse such treatments at any time without being penalized in any way.
- If you have an inquiry or complaint, you have the right to file it with the hospital staff.
- In order to receive safe, high-quality medical care, you have the responsibility to ask the hospital staff questions if explanations or instructions are not clearly understood.
- In order to realize safe, high-quality medical care, you have the responsibility to give accurate and complete information about your health condition including your medical history to the doctors, as well as hospital staff, and participate and cooperate in your care, working together with the doctors and hospital staff.
- You have the responsibility to follow the hospital guidelines, instructions, rules, and regulations, and be careful not to interfere with the treatment of other patients and the provision of medical care by the hospital staff, so that all patients will be able to receive safe, high-quality medical care.
- You may not request the doctors and hospital staff to perform any act that is against laws and regulations and their conscience.